Air Conditioning Inspections
All Air Conditioning Systems with a rated output over 250kW must be inspectedvby an accredited Air Conditioning Inspector. All other systems with a rated output over 12kW must be inspected no later than 4th January 2011.
In accordance with the Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007, all Air Conditioning units with rated outputs over 12kW must be inspected at intervals no greater than 5 years.
European Regulation (EC) 842/2006,the ‘F-Gas Regulation’ that came into force on 4th July 2007, requires that some refrigeration systems be regularly inspected for leakage of fluorinated greenhouse gas refrigerants from systems.
Some refrigerant systems containing CFC or HCFC refrigerants may already be subject to regular leakage testing under European Regulation (EC) 2037/2000 on substances that deplete the ozone layer.
Some air-conditioning systems will fall under the scope of the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 (which may apply to systems with an installed power in excess of 25kW).
An advisory Report will be issued by our accredited Air Conditioning Inspectors after they have inspected the system(s).
It will contain:
- Details of the property and the inspector
- Details of the inspected system
- Details of the results of the inspection
- Results of any measurements or calculations reviewed or made for the inspection
- Comments on the likely efficiency of the installation and suggestions for improvements
- Comments on any faults identified and suggested actions
- Comments on the adequacy of equipment maintenance and suggestions for improvements
- Comments on the adequacy of the controls and control settings and suggestions for improvements
- Comments on the size of the installed system in relation to the cooling load and suggestions for improvements
- Comments concerning alternative solutions
- Summary of the findings and recommendations
CIBSE document TM44:2007 identifies how building owners and managers should be advised to prepare and keep information from all these inspections so that the time taken to carry them out in future (and hence the cost) can be minimised.
Oakleaf have accredited persons under the CIBSE registration scheme who are authorised to carry out these duties.
For more information please click here or call Tim Cooper on 0845 293 7571