Disabled Access Audit
A professional surveying service providing key information for assessing building compliance against current access standards.
The Disabled Access Audit
To ensure that physical barriers to access are identified, we have developed our own survey DDA Audit Checklist. From this we will identify courses of action that are reasonably appropriate under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1995.
Data is gathered using hand held electronic gathering tools that provide data consistency between surveyors and have in-built checking and productivity functionality.
The Disabled Access Audit covers:
Change in Levels
Stairs & Lifts
WC’s, Showers & Baths
Means of Escape
Disabled Access Audit Standards
The Disabled Access Audit is based on some of the following standards:-
· The Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) 1995
· BS 8300:2001 Code of Practice for the Design of Buildings and their approaches to meet the needs of Disabled People.
· The Building Regulations Approved Document Parts B, E, K, M and N.
· National Disability Council Code of Practice
· Easy Access to Historic Properties - English Heritage
· Disability Rights Commission - Code of Practice
· BS 5588 Part 8 1999 Fire Precautions in the Design & Construction of Buildings: Means of Escape for Disabled People
We have included a Risk Assessment so that hazardous areas can be prioritised.
We also provide full budget costs so that you can program any necessary remedial work.
We take photographs showing selected non compliant items so that the problems can be more easily understood.
A full list of all remedial actions summarised over a three year period. This can form the basis of a Prioritised Action Plan for the new Disability Equality Scheme.
All data can be input into all Facilities Management Software packages.