Training and staff competence is a very important aspect of Legionella control and a requirement both in Public Sector and Private Sector industries.
We can supply training packages from basic Legionella awareness through to detailed hands on instruction training. All packages can be tailored to the needs of our clients both in detail and length.
A qualified and experienced Legionella Consultant from Oakleaf will attend site to perform a group presentation to your staff. Training sessions of this nature are very useful as often discussion and questions arise that directly relate to your business and sites.
A basic Legionella awareness training package will include the following agenda items:
- What is Legionnaires disease? (the disease and Legionella bacteria properties)
- Legionella Management & The Legal Requirement (Management Policies & Procedures)
- Legionella Risk Assessments (Understanding your Legionella Risk Assessment)
- Basic Legionella Planned Maintenance Programme (What you should be doing)
- Records (What you need to do) Flushing (Why, when, where and who?)
Certificates are awarded with a pass mark noted from the test.
We recommend that Legionella awareness is completed at least every 2 years with ongoing professional development between such training.